The voice of the palm fronds
draws its breath from the surf,
the measured exhalations
of waves on Estero Beach,
the cathedral of coconuts
on its bank, cantatas
scored with serranos and limes.
Julio translates the voice
with the nib of a pen
from a chair [...]
Pitaya and cholla in the Sierra de Juárez
landscape the ridge of the Rio San Miguel.
The desert reversing the sea.
The communion of tamarind and cinnamon
on the tongues of arroyos,
naming the townships Bajamar, La Salina, Punta Morro
after the sign of the surf.
And voice the [...]
- Added YouTube channel. Harmonica poems and instrumentals. Search YouTube for Cliff Bernier.
- Poetry & harmonica at Davies Concert Series Annual Fundraising Concert
- Open Mic at 2019 SPAH Convention
- 4 October 2019 Reading at Words Out Loud
- Sojourn with Words CTV interview with Prince George’s County Poet Laureate Sistah Joy Alford