Winner of the Gival Press Poetry Award
Nomination: 2011 Pushcart Prize for Poetry
“Clifford Bernier’s The Silent Art is a beautiful jazz symphony sweetened with the zen of everydayness and a ‘double bass blues for Trane’ … This cat has great chops in the poetry and jazz of life.” – M.L. Lieber.
“Clifford Bernier’s The Silent Art takes us on a journey through countries, landscapes, musical forms and states of mind. Rivers flow through these places to the beat of conga drums, the wail of an alto sax and the voice of a woman singing scat. To read these poems is to enter a work of expressionist art….”
—Judith Valente, correspondent, PBS-TV; co-editor, Twenty Poems to Nourish Your Soul; author of Discovering Moons
Selected by The Montserrat Review, Best Books for Summer Reading, 2010: Best Chapbook
Nominated for a Library of Virginia Literary Award.
Selected by The Montserrat Review, Best Books for Spring Reading, 2010: Best Poetry Chapbooks
Dark Berries can be purchased from the publisher, Pudding House Publications.Contact by phone, email, or U.S. Mail:
Pudding House Publications
81 Shadymere Lane,
Columbus Ohio 43213 USA
No web sales please.
$10 + $2.50 postage
Visa/MC w/exp date, cash, or check via US Mail.
- Added YouTube channel. Harmonica poems and instrumentals. Search YouTube for Cliff Bernier.
- Poetry & harmonica at Davies Concert Series Annual Fundraising Concert
- Open Mic at 2019 SPAH Convention
- 4 October 2019 Reading at Words Out Loud
- Sojourn with Words CTV interview with Prince George’s County Poet Laureate Sistah Joy Alford